Welcome, We are so glad you're here!
• In order to give you the results you are seeking, a de-color service (removal of any previous hair color) may be needed to be performed before beginning your color service. This is a separate process & will take additional time.
• Your hair may have to be pre-lightened prior to applying the fashion colors you desire. This is a separate process & will take additional time.
• Fashion colors are “direct dye” colors that “stain” the hair; please be aware that these colors can transfer to clothing, bedding & even skin after shampooing. • Fashion colors FADE!!! Color can fade in as little as 2 washes. Based on the porosity & overall health of the hair can determine how quickly. We can make no promises or guarantees as to the longevity of this type of hair color.
• Proper home hair care is vital in extending the life of your fashion colors.
Your stylist will recommend the best professional shampoo, conditioner & styling products for you desired look. These will help with the unique challenge of maintaining your fashion colors.
• ONLY WASH IN COOL WATER!! Warm water will immediately pull out your colors.
• DO NOT use over the counter products. Color will wash out immediately and stylist will not be responsible for any adjustments.
• DO NOT put your hair into chlorinated water (pools , hot tubs, etc).
• DO NOT put your hair in salt water (ocean, salt water pools) Salt is a natural exfoliant and will remove your color.
• DO NOT wash everyday. 2x a week is preferred. Dry shampoo IS your friend.
• Fashion colors can be difficult to remove from the hair. It can be a very lengthly process with unpredictable results.
• Fantasy hair often requires many steps, possibly multiple appointments to achieve the optimum results. There is no guarantee on how long/ many processes it will take to achieve your desired results.
Please allow a minimum 4-8 hours for a Fashion Color appointment
Fantasy Colors start at $300
(this includes one lightening process prior to applying fashion color and one application of a single color)
If more processes are required the service price will increase based upon services needed.
By signing this document, I agree that the following information above about fashion colors has been explained to me. I understand this information.
I also understand that there is no guarantee as to the longevity of fashion colors in my hair.
Client signature: ____________________________________________________________________________ Date:_____________________________
We all know that bright fun colors are super in right now! And duh, why wouldn’t they be?
They are fun, spunky and give you that extra Pizzaz!
Fantasy / Unicorn colors can get expensive in salon, due to the process to achieve these colors. It will likely be a long process depending upon where you are starting and where you want your end goal to be. Be prepared to spend upwards of 4+ hours in the salon and a starting price of $300.
For light/bright colors about 99% of the time we have to lighten your hair to void all underlying colors (now let me tell you, that isn’t achievable on everyone. Some hair just won’t do it.) Not only do we need to lighten it, but we need to lighten it without completely compromising the integrity of your hair so it holds the new color. We don't want it turn into straw or cotton candy.. Let be real, NO ONE wants yucky hair.
Then we apply your Unicorn color of choice. Let that process & rinse with COLD water.
Why cold water you ask? Well, when we lighten your hair we are blowing open the cuticle of your hair (think of it like little scales on top of each other, those little scales are what keep the color molecules inside the hair shaft maintaining your color) If we blow them open to wide and don’t “shut them back down” you likely will have that color wash out immediately. Warm water keeps the cuticle more “open” while cold water helps to shut it back down.
After care is SUPER IMPORTANT! Maintaining the color that you just sat in the chair for hours & paid hundreds of dollars for is imperative. We recommend that you use a recommended professional shampoo and conditioner as it has higher concentration of quality ingredients to maintain that color. Even better we have professional colored shampoos & conditioners these days that not only keep the color vibrant, but they are gentle on your hair.
Ok, now that we have gone through what it takes to get those amazing Unicorn colors in the salon, lets get down to business.
Why you should NOT use at home color kits like SPLAT!
Color kits like SPLAT, a “30 wash” out temporary color. While this may sound like a good idea at $7.99 and a lot less time, Im going to tell you why it’s not temporary.
There is NO color out there that is temporary. Unless it’s a color shampoo
(even then, likely not temporary)
-Color is a CHEMICAL, designed to alter the pigment in your hair, natural or artificial. It will be altered permanently. It will not “wash out and go back to natural”.
-We don’t know all of the ingredients in these products as they won’t release that information.
-There is something in SPLAT and other at home "fantasy hair" kits that react with lightener (aka bleach). 99% of the time we see little, to no lift in the hair with lightener. While we see no lift we also see smoking of the hair and sometimes the hair melting from that chemical reaction. This is in no way safe on your hair, which is why when we are properly informed we decline to use any type of lightening with colors like SPLAT, its just NOT worth it.
Informing your stylist of what you have used previously on your hair is IMPORTANT. We want you to be honest as it helps us formulate a plan best suited for your hair. The more honest you are with us the better we can come up with a plan and deliver the best results. Please,please always let us know of any previous color you have put in your hair!!
Want Unicorn hair without the maintenance and the price tag??? Get some killer wigs!! They are super fun, you can have them in any length, style or color. Bonus, you can get some great ones on Amazon under $35..